Monday, January 17, 2011

The weekend

Sorry, not much to type about regarding this weekend. It was really nice to know that when I got home on thursday that I was done for a few days. I find it hard to wrap my head around the weekends being friday and saturday. I did some planning for school and then spent most of the weekend in bed because I got sick. Had a fever, sore throat, aches, and really tired. I went to bed during the weekend and actually slept 1 night about 16 hours. Nuts or what? My body definitely needed it. I am feeling much better now. I guess everything just caught up to me.

We are all still living at the hotel. It has it's pros and cons. I don't have to clean the room or make the bed. I don't have to cook or do dishes. We have transportation to and from school. But I am getting tired of doing laundry in the bathtub, living out of suitcases, and would really like a home cooked meal, sigh. Oh well, inshallah, we will have our furniture money soon. (Inshallah is heard here often and means God willing).

School is going pretty well. I only just started teaching so it is going to take some time to get use to everything, get some routines established. and learn all their names. It's not like the names at home. I have children named Khlood, Khalfan, Ahmed, Maithah, and Saeed. Also there are often children with the same name so you have to use theire second name as well. I have 3 Saeed's in 1 class. It will take some time.

Hope everything is going well for everyone at home. I miss everyone.
Congrats Carter on your first day of kinderstart.
Congrats Mitch and Jenn on the coming baby.

Must go do some lesson planning and then off to bed. 5am comes really early you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment