Sunday, January 30, 2011

Variety of pics

It's Sunday and back to work for another week. Another good day, hoping they keep up. I figured I share a few pics today.

Last week a few teachers came out to the hotel for a relaxing evening. Many of them are teachers who came the same time as me or teachers from my school who have been there since sept. These get togethers help us all keep our sanity and helps me not feel as homesick. They are a good group of friends.


I am still living at the hotel. Still looking at a week or so here. I keep saying I live in the hotel in the middle of nowhere. Here is the view from window, and it is the same view from all around the hotel. Sand, sand, everywhere.



Also took a few pics of some of the kids at school. We were doing the letter Hh that day. I showed some of the pics to the other teachers who came with me and lets just say all schools do not look the same as mine. Don't think all the classrooms are so big, clean and well resourced, they are not. I just got extremely lucky to get placed where I did.

This is 1 of 2 of my kindergarten classes
 Here they are listening to the Arabic teacher explain the new behaviour chart. Children get happy faces for good behaviour all day. 5 happy faces gets you a prize, yay!



They are so cute. Kids are kids, no matter where you are. They want to please and are curious to learn.


So great to see the kids looking at english books properly. The Arabic language is written and read right to left and their books start at the opposite end and you turn left to right. The opposite of english, so it's difficult to get the kids to start at the beginning and turn pages properly for the english books.

My great school, staff and kids are making this experience very good for me. It helps me deal with missing everything at home. Talk to everyone later.

No comments:

Post a Comment