Thursday, January 6, 2011

Got my teaching placement

Three days in Abu Dhabi and three days of shopping in 4 malls not too bad. The Abu Dhabi Mall and The Marina Mall are nuts. Huge with tons of shopping. Fun fun. Anyone who would like to see the UAE and maybe do some shopping, you would have a place to stay.

On a work note. I received my school placement today. I am going to a town called Madinet Zayed. Suppose to be heading out tomorrow to a hotel in that area. Hoping to have my apartment in the next week or two. Fingers crossed. I will be living and working in the same area so that's good. Also I've heard a lot of positives regarding the school. It's a kindergarten school and there is another english teacher going there as well. In addition there are a few other teachers going to the same area but different school.

Looking forward to this new experience. Happy to be getting started and working. Can't wait to meet the kids and staff. Sad that I had to come all this way to work but I am hoping it will be a very positive experience. Who knows, I may love it and want to stay even longer. I already know the weather and shopping are great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment