Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kind of a party weekend

Had a good whole week of school. Days went well, no problems and starting to get a routine down.

Had a pretty busy weekend. A few teachers came out to the hotel (yes I am still at the hotel) wednesday evening and we hung out at the bar for awhile. There were a good dozen or so. Then we did the same thing thursday night although only a few of us this time.

I spent friday morning by the pool side taking in the rays. Then a few of us girls went into the town of Ruwais to go to a Bbq. That was a Ruwais adventure. We took the public bus out and it took us about 3 1/2 hours to do a 1 1/2 hour trip, fun fun. The Bbq went well and meet some nice people. Ended up stuck in Ruwais for the night. Back at the hotel now. Have some school work to do and then all other plans are about relaxing :)

1 comment:

  1. I tried a previous post, but new to this stuff and don't think it went through, so if it did, this will just be a repeat.
    I heard this weekend that there was a fellow newf in Abudhabi. I ran into a guy who said he was a friend of you and your husband and when he herad I was moving to Abu dhabi, he told me you were there. I have been travelling back and forth there for 3 years, now I am moving over in Feb.
    Maybe we can have a chat when I get there in a couple of weeks, and ,talk about jiggs dinner and sand versus snow!!!!
    My name is Brendan Power, from Torbay.
    Drop me a note, brenpower@gmail.com if you like.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete