Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday

Back to school today. Still hard getting use to the work week here. I really like getting off work on Thursdays but then I don't like having to start on Sundays. I agree with another teacher, we should have 3 day weekends. That would work much better.

School was pretty good today. I found last week a little hard, first week teaching here and all. Today went well, no problems and it didn't drag by. After school all the english teachers were invited back to Sana's house for lunch. It was very nice. It was nice to relax and chat. The food was great, so nice to have a home cooked meal. She made 2 pastas and pizzas, and had coffee and cookies for dessert. Very nice.

I am the only teacher left out at the hotel now. The others moved out yesterday. It is a little lonely but it has it's perks. I still have furniture (like a bed), internet and tv, room service and cleaning done for me. So not too bad. I should be here for a week at least. My furniture is suppose to arrive this week, so hopefully I will move in and already have furniture, yay! Also, since I'm still at the hotel I still get transportation to and from school. A big yellow school bus came out today just for me. Pretty funny.

Well I must prepare for tomorrow. Not sure what I am teaching yet. I like to prepared for the day, as much as you can here. It's not like home. Things are always changing and you have to learn to roll with it. After my planning is done I am going to watch tv in bed and go to sleep early. I still have an early rise in the morning but not as bad as the last 2 weeks. Don't have to get up now until close to 6am, much better then 5.

I'll try to post more for everyone at home. Funny how I find it hard to find the time or motivation to blog daily. Surprised me when I logged in and saw I hadn't blogged since thursday. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment