Sunday, January 9, 2011

1st Day of School

I went to my new school today and it seems very nice. It has 12 classes of kindergartens, about 280 students. Here they have kindergarten 1 and kindergarten 2. Kg 1 are about 3 years old and Kg 2 are about 4. A little different then home. I will only be teaching Kg 2. Today was only observation and paper work things. I won't start teaching until next week, sunday (That's right, sunday. That's when the week starts over here). This week will be mainly observation and learning rules and routines.

Sorry, I won't be typing much tonight. Had to get up at 5am this morning, that's right there is a 5am. I know I was pretty shocked about it myself. The bus was suppose to leave at 6:30 to bring us all to our schools. Of course it was late, you have to get use to that here. I ate breakfast at 5:30 and I think the bus came around 7 or so. Fun fun. Oh and I have to do it again tomorrow, yay, not :( 

So it is 7pm here now. I'm going to have a bowl of cereal for supper, yes cereal. I went to the grocery store and got some supplies. I can't afford to be eating hotel food every night, especially the food at this hotel, fancy smancy. Funny I actually found cereal that I use to buy at home and then couldn't get anymore. Weird. I had a falafel sandwich for lunch. Not bad, first time having falafel. Funny though, we bought them at a shop that I wouldn't ever consider eating in at home. It's different here. You have to change your idea of clean here. Strange but true. It was actually really good.

Hoping to get some pis of my school and the town soon.
Missing everyone.
Going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment