Saturday, January 8, 2011

Madinet Zayed and the Liwa Hotel

I arrived in Madinet Zayed yesterday. A group of us are staying in the Tilal Liwa Hotel. I am starting school tomorrow at a kindergarten school called Al Shatha. I am looking forward to meeting the students and staff and seeing the school. We have a pretty early rise in the morning (the bus leaves at 6:30) so I'm soon going to bed. I figured I'd post some pics for everyone.

We travelled by bus to get here. It was pretty cool leaving Yas Island in Abu Dhabi and watching the scenery change as we drove into the desert.





I saw my first camel, actually lots and lots of them on the side of the road. Also saw them once we arrived at the hotel because this hotel is very near to the camel racetrack.








The hotel is very nice but is in the middle of nothing. There is desert all around. It is lit up very nicely at night. The lobby is very grand looking as well.




I was very surprised to wake this morning, look out the wondow, and see nothing but fog. Yup, that's right, fog. Go figure. I left Newfoundland which gets some fog I believe and ended up in a foggy desert :)






1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Michelle. I hope you enjoy your first day of classes. Some great pics as well... now I can't get sally the camel has two humps out of my head lol.

    ReplyDelete