Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My School

Figured I post some pics of my new school - Al Shatha. It's pretty big and has 12 classes of kindergarten kids. There are 5 classes of kindergarten 1's and 7 classes of kindergarten 2's. Kindergarten here is a little different then it is at home. Kindergarten 1 kids are 3-4 years old and kindergarten 2 kids are 4-5. The school is fairly new and has about 280 children.


Front entrance



Cool Sign















The main lobby is pretty big with a tented seating
area along with other waiting areas.





There's huge indoor play areas and assembly and eating areas.


Just 1 playarea


Assembly area and bike play area

Eating area



Here are my 2 classrooms:

Kindergarten 2-1

Kindergarten 2-2

Took a pic of one the displays in the school as well. I thought it was nice.

So this is where I will be spending most of my days, until 2:00 that is. My school starts at 7:45 (teachers have to be in by 7:30) and the students go home at 12:30 but we stay until 2 to have meetings and prepare for our classes, therefore you should not need to do school work at home.

On another note I just received my keys to my new apartment. It's a new 3 bedroom 3 bathroom villa. It's in a compound, 2 buildings with 4 apartments in each. Hoping to check it out tomorrow. Pics to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Jamie. Sounds like their Kindergarten is equivalent to US pre-schools. Can't wait to see your apt.

    ReplyDelete