Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Still Alive

No worries, I am still alive and kickin. Had no internet in my villa once I moved. Actually still don't have internet hooked up but I broke down and bought a portable usb modem. So internet for now at expensive rate.

Things have been going pretty good here. School is good but very busy right now. I guess everybody is in report card mode. I have 45 students to assess, grade and input on-line by the 17th of the month. Busy busy.

I have furniture in my apartment and it's starting to feel homey. Look forward to getting home from work, puttin my feet up and watchin some repeats or a movie. Actually been watchin Desperate Housewives and Glee. Never watched them at home so have no idea what season I'm watching but at least not repeats for me.

This weekend I am going to Dubai for the first time. I am going to see Usher on thursday and a couple of us girls are making it a shopping weekend. There may not be a lot to do out here in Madinat Zayed but it is close to lots of shopping, and I mean lots of shopping.

I finally got my drivers license for here. That's right I am officially allowed to drive in the UAE. Hoping to get a car next week. Planning to rent something, it's just a pain not having one here. Don't like have to depend on taxis or other people when you want to go somewhere. Not looking forward to driving in the city though. Driving here is nuts. Out here in MZ is not too bad.

Will have some pics put up soon. Haven't had a chance to see what I have even taken pictures of in the last month.

Hope everyone home is doing well. Less then 3 weeks and I'm going to have visitors from home, yay!!!! Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment