Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dubai

Ok, if you want to shop, Dubai is the place to be. Only went to 2 malls, but OMG!!!! Went to the Dubai Mall. It has a huge inside aquarium, with sharks, stingrays, ect... and you can dive in it. It has over 1200 stores including the Gold Souk which has like 200 jewelery stores. It has a skating rink and outside fountains like the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I believe it takes up 12 million sq ft. We spent most of the day there and never saw 1/2 of it.

This is the posh, expensive area of the mall. It has stores like Gucci, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Valentino and Jimmy Choo. I bought lots of stuff in this area.......not. I did look at some really nice Jimmy Choo shoes and then almost died when I saw they were 3600dhs, which is about $1000.  

Here's one end of the aquarium.
Hard to see all the fish because of the reflection of the store lights.

Also went to Mall of the Emirates. Nuts as well. That's the one with the indoor ski hill. Was only in that mall for a couple of hours and never left the ground floor.


Inside Ski Hill. See the guy sking, towards top left?

Just some cars parked ouside mall.
Also saw Usher (that was the whole reason for going). The concert was good but I must say I didn't find it great. It started good and ended well but found the middle long and got a little boring. Good but not as good as Madonna in Toronto. It was an outside concert and the weather was great, of course. I didn't take any pics because I was afraid I'd lose my camera. Stupid, everyone had cameras and they didn't even check bags there. Oh well, know for next time. After the concert we went to a beautiful roof-top pool bar at media One Hotel. Didn't stay there because more money. We stayed downtown at The Metropolitan Palace. Very nice. Also went out the next night with a couple of the girls to another hotels pool bar. Very nice places. Had a great weekend, only problem is they do not last nearly long enough.

Our hotel lobby.
Deana, Stacy and myself out for a drink. Staci remember if you see any dead people just sing Cool Rider :)

No comments:

Post a Comment